Today it’s a special Vegan Wednesday with a seasonal vegan recipe: sweet potato pie.
With this I would like to contribute to the big autumn pinterest board that Cara from the beautiful blog think.care.act. is going to put up. Thanks for collecting all the pictures 🙂
Recipe: Sweet Potato Pie with almond-biscuit pie crust:
For the Pie Crust:
- 175g almond biscuits (or other vegan biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 70g vegan margarine
For the Sweet Potato Pie:
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 100g vegan margarine
- 100g raw sugar
- 125ml soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 small pack vanilla sugar
- Put the biscuits in a bag, zip the bag up and crush them with a rolling pin until they’re crumbled. Mix with the margarine and the sugar. Press the mixture (your dough) in a baking form and put it in the fridge.
- In the meantime, wash the sweet potatoes and boil them unpeeled for about 40 minutes until soft. Then peel the skin off or scratch the inner part off of the skin and mash it with a fork or a masher.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the alsan margarine to the sweet potato mash and mix well. Mix the soy flour with 4 tablespoons of water in a little bowl. Mix this and the rest of the ingredients with the sweet potato mash.
- Put the filling on top of the pie crust and bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- Enjoy it while it is still warm with some vegan ice cream 🙂
Despite the Vegan Wednesday Special, I don’t want to hide from you what I have eaten today. Since I spend the day at IKEA with my boyfriend there wasn’t that much time for any fancy cooking (besides the sweet potato pie that I just finished baking).
Oat flakes with oat milk, almonds and cranberries.
A Little Snack: Rice Waffles and nuts with dried fruits.
After IKEA we had some Cinnamon Rolls. Here’s a picture of other vegan products we bought at IKEA.
Japanese Miso Soup with tofu, vegetables and soba noodles.
For dessert we had a piece of the sweet potato pie with SoYeah soy vanilla ice cream 🙂
I hope you like my special Vegan Wednesday and that you have a great day! 🙂
Feedback is always appreciated, so if you like my blog/post don’t forget to like, share and/or comment – here or on facebook. Cheers!