I’m so happy that I came across the blog event from foodsandeverything! It combines three of my favourite things: TV shows, cupcakes and creativity. To celebrate her blog’s birthday, Juli invites everyone to present their favourite TV shows as cupcakes. As a blogging newbie I was, of course, totally excited by this idea and could hardly wait to get started. I love being creative and having a reason to make things myself!
So, dear Juli, congrats on your blog’s birthday and thank you for this awesome idea 🙂
Immediately, I knew which show I wanted to present: “New Girl” – my favourite TV show at the moment, next to my all-time favourite “Friends”. This is my cupcake recipe representing Jess’s awesome polka dot pyjamas 🙂
Lychee/Blueberry Cupcakes with Raspberry-Coconut cream-Icing (10 cupcakes):
For the dough:
- 100g vegan margarine
- 3 tea spoons No Egg
- 75g sugar
- 80g peeled, ground almonds
- 80g flour
- 1 tea spoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 250g lychees (or blueberries)
For the topping:
- 150g vegan margarine
- 6 table spoons icing sugar
- 400ml cold coconut milk (best if you put it in the freezer for 20 minutes beforehand)
- 4 table spoons cream stiffener
- 125g frozen raspberries
For decorating: Dark chocolate and Chocolate chips
- For the topping, cook the raspberries and the icing sugar in a pot until boiling and let it boil for 3 minutes. Filter the berries and let it cool down. Whisk the coconut milk with the cream stiffener until stiff. Mix the berry juice, margarine, vanilla and stir it into the coconut cream. Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Melt the margarine and let it cool down. Whisk No Egg, 6 table spoons of water and sugar until fluffy. Mix almonds, flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir the mixture into the No Egg mass. Separate the liquid from the lychees (keep both). Cut the lychees in four pieces each.
- Fill the paper cupcake forms with dough and put lychees/blueberries on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate and draw glasses with it on baking paper. Put the glasses in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are done, let them cool down and spread a little bit of lychee juice on them.
- Decorate the cakes with the cream by using an icing bag, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and put the glasses on.
Done! Now your cupcakes rock polka dots 😉
I hope you all including Juli like my cupcakes 🙂
Check out the other awesome ideas on foodsandeverything.